Tetrafusion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome - introduce Yourself

+3
Paul Moreau
Marta
Ripley
7 posters

Go down

Welcome - introduce Yourself Empty Welcome - introduce Yourself

Post  Ripley Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:44 pm

Hey all Tetrafusion Members and Fans! Welcome on the forum of this new prog metal band, feel the Big Bang of Energy with all of us and support Tetrafusion till The End and The Big Freeze Like a Star @ heaven Cool

To introduce Yourself, You can fill in the following form or write whatever You want.

Nickname/Name: Ripley/Kamila ( informally Kamila Ella Felicia Irmhild Ripley Cool )

TETRAFUSION
Favourite songs: Dark Matter, Energy, Gravity, The End
Favourite albums ( coming soon Cool ): waiting for the second one

Other bands
Favourite bands: Ayreon and other projects of Arjen Lucassen, Rhapsody (of Fire), Blind Guardian, Freedom Call, old Royal Hunt, Sabaton, Arcas, Nanowar (of Steel !!), Symphony X
Favourite albums: Ayreon - '01011001', Rhapsody (of Fire) - everything besides 'Symphony of Enchanted Lands II', Blind Guardian - 'Nightfall in Middle-Earth', Royal Hunt - 'Paradox', everything by Nanowar Cool
Favourite songs: too many

Interests beyond music: fantasy and all the things about it, history, religions and mythologies, psychology
Favourite book genres/books and authors: fantasy (but not when not when it's very very serious)/'One flew over the cuckoo's nest', I'm starting to read Pratchett (Rincewind Saga)
Favourite film genres/films and directors: fantasy and sci-fi, comedies/'Alien' saga, 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy, 'One flew over the cuckoo's nest'
Favourite games: 'The Witcher', 'American McGee's Alice'
Favourite sentence/maxim: Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Twisted Evil
Something from Yourself: Prog and Power on! Have a cool time on the forum Wink

Last edited by Ripley on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:32 am; edited 3 times in total
Ripley
Ripley
Admin

Humor : progpower 8)

http://myspace.com/ripleykr

Back to top Go down

Welcome - introduce Yourself Empty Re: Welcome - introduce Yourself

Post  Marta Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:26 pm

Hey all friends and fans of Tetrafusion Music!!! I like their music and all good music! I hope to meet here people who are interested in Tetrafusion music and good music too.. Very Happy

Nickname/Name: Marta/Marta Very Happy
Age: hmm....the woman don't have to tell her age...hahaha

TETRAFUSION
Favourite songs: Dark Matter, Energy, Momentum, The End
Favourite albums ( coming soon ): waiting for the second one

Other bands
Favourite bands: Nevermore, Warrel Dane, Blind Guardian, Amon Amarth, Dream Theater, Between the Buried and Me...and others
Favourite albums: This Godless Endeavor, Colors, SFAM, all CDs of BG.
Favourite songs: Sentient 6 and Sorrowed Man by Nevermore, Victorious March by Amon Amarth, White Walls by BTBAM, The Script for my Requiem by BG, Erotomania and Dance of Eternity by DT and many many others...

Interests beyond music: travelling and adventures, people, psychology, nature like mountains, plants, wild animals
Favourite book genres/books and authors: fantasy (but not when not when it's very very serious)/ Books of Jonathan Carroll
Favourite film genres/films and directors: 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy, 'One flew over the cuckoo's nest' Headbeangers Journey and Global Metal, Amadeus, The Piano.
Favourite games: 'The Witcher'
Favourite sentence/maxim: Fate is fate!
Something from Yourself: Don't worry, be happy!!! Stay Metal!!

Last edited by Marta on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Marta
Marta
Admin

Humor : white and black:)

Back to top Go down

Welcome - introduce Yourself Empty Hi all you folks

Post  Paul Moreau Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Introducing myself:
Hi my name is Paul Moreau. I'm the drummer of the progressive rock/metal-band Mind Reflection (myspace.com/mindreflectionmusic), but i mostly write my own music! (myspace.com/paulmoreau). (if you ever want a piece written for you, just contact me. you can find my e-mail on myspace Very Happy ). Mind Reflection is also working on it's first album (also a concept album :p, concept albums rule).

I'm from Belgium and i really love progressive music, from the jazz to the metal, but i also listen to the non-commercial pop-rock, even modern wind band music or classic like Mozart and Bach. Fuck Madonna, Black eyed pieces and all that shit...

need to know anything else: just ask Smile

TETRAFUSION
Favourite songs: The End, especially the big freeze
Favourite album: for now the first one, 'cause there aint any other yet, but the videoblogs on youtube seem very promissing!

Other favourite bands: Dream Theater, Tool, OSI, Rhapsody, All the music of Arjan Lucassen (Ayreon etc), Liquid Tension, Circus Maximus (very unknown i think, but very very good), Epica, mastodon, Protest the Hero
Favourite albums: Free (OSI), Isolate (Circus Maximus), 10.000 days (Tool), Liquid Tension Experiment (LTE), Ocatavrium, Systematic Chaos (!!)and Scenes from a memory and Six degrees of inner Turbulence (Dream Theater), many others...
Favourite songs: pfff, i don't know. it depends on my state of mind

Interests beyond music: wow, difficult quesion... euhm, if music writing or playing ain't included, then it would be reading fantasy books and gaming... music is my life!
Favourite book and author: Sylmarillion and the Lord of the Rings of Tolkien, master pieces!
Favourite film : Lord of the Ring (duh), The Dark knight (the best movie of 2009 (so far...)), ...
Favourite games: God of War (III will be coming soon!!!) and the Prince of Persia games, Final Fantasy (without a doubt the best games ever)
Favourite sentence/maxim: Mark, what's that? - Bass...

Something from Yourself: Once Prog, always prog! Infect more people with the prog CURE!

Greetings!! Cool
Paul Moreau
Paul Moreau
TetraFan

Humor : knock, knock

http://www.myspace.com/paulmoreau

Back to top Go down

Post  Ripley Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:44 pm

Hey Paul and prog on!

Paul Moreau wrote:(also a concept album :p, concept albums rule)

agree Cool
Ripley
Ripley
Admin

Humor : progpower 8)

http://myspace.com/ripleykr

Back to top Go down

Post  Drummerjcb Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:29 am

Introducing myself:
My name is J.C. Bryant. I play drums for Tetrafusion. I'm currently double majoring in Music Performance and Communications at Centenary College of Louisiana. I play drums in Centenary's Jazz Ensemble. And I listen to all styles of music.

TETRAFUSION
Favourite songs: They're all good in their own ways. That's like asking me to choose between children.
Favourite album: The new one.

Other favourite bands: Hmm. Let's see. There's so many... My musical taste is really diverse. I don't think that I can truly express my musical taste in a paragraph, so here's a few bands:
Tool, Pantera, Opeth, Derek Sherinian, Dream Theater, A Perfect Circle, Soundgarden, Planet X, Dave Brubeck, Wynton Marsalis, No Doubt, King Crimson, Porcupine Tree, Between the Buried and Me, Frank Zappa, Meshuggah, Metallica, Megadeth, Thelonious Monk, Modest Mouse, MGMT, Moody Blues, Muse, Venetian Snares, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lenny Kravitz, MF DOOM, A Tribe Called Quest, Rainbow, Benny Greb, The Indigo Girls, Rick Wakeman, Roy Orbison, The Crystal Method, Parliament, Bloodhound Gang, 311, Of Montreal, James Brown, Kool and the Gang, Toto, Chemical Brothers, Imogen Heap, Bass Mekanik, The Doors, Dave Weckl, LTE, Primus, Sublime, Lamb of God, Spock's Beard, The Police, Peter Frampton, Cake, Electric Six, Pink Floyd, Rage Against the Machine, Fatboy Slim, System of a Down, Anglagard, Rush, Yes, ELP, Mahavishnu Orchestra, MC5, Miles Davis, Dave Weckl, Black Light Syndrome, Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep, Trivium, and Will Calhoun. There's waaaaaaaaay more, so this is just a tiny list of what came to mind. And this is in no specific order.

Favourite albums: Opiate (Tool), Undertow (Tool), Awake (DT), Metropolis Pt.2: SFAM (DT), Time Out (Dave Brubeck), Time Further Out (Dave Brubeck), Watershed (Opeth), Sailing the Seas of Cheese (Primus), Nothing (Meshuggah) ...And Justice for All (Metallica) and plenty, plenty more.
Favourite songs: way too many

Interests beyond music: Philosophy, Politics, Openmindedness, Poetry
Favourite book and author: I read various philosophical works. I don't want to go too in depth here. If you're interested in this, then PM me.
Favourite film : Anything by Michael Moore is great.
Favourite games: I don't play games.
Favourite sentence/maxim: If you want to be happy; be. - Leo Tolstoy

-J.C.
Drummerjcb
Drummerjcb
Tetrafusion Member

Humor : Crude

Back to top Go down

Post  Val Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:19 am

Hi everyone, I'm Val, 26, from France. Avid music fan and reviewer for the french website Music Waves. Tetrafusion's Absolute Zero is one of the best records released this year and you could say I was instantly hooked. Hence me being here What a Face

As for what kind of music I listen to, let's say it's pretty eclectic, ranging from classical music (Brahms, Bach, LVB, Holst and so on) to extreme progressive metal (Augury, BTBAM and the likes), while retaining a very special love for ye good olde prog metal (Dream Theater/LTE, Beyond Twilight, Shadow Gallery... classic stuff). I'm also into more pop/prog things like Frost*, Venturia or It Bites, as well as other genres (from Pantera and Slayer to Eminem or Maceo Parker).

Well, what else can I say ? Tetrafusion kicks ass and I hope you guys will visit here sometimes so that we can chat some more !

Here's my review of AZ : it will surely appeal to any french-speaking fan !
http://www.musicwaves.fr/frmChronique.aspx?PRO_ID=4695
Val
Val
TetraFan

http://www.musicwaves.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  Ichigo Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi people!

Nickname/Name: Ichigo/Joanna

TETRAFUSION
Favourite songs: 'Dark Matter', 'Time Lapse', 'The End'

Other bands
Favourite bands: Ayreon, L'arc~en~ciel, Gorillaz; Kanon Wakeshima, Nana Mizuki, sometimes classical (Grieg, Satie) and many, many more...
Favourite albums: Ayreon - '01011001', Ayreon - 'The Human Equation', Kanon Wakashima - 'Shinshoku Dolce'; not exacly an album, but American McGee's Alice OST - it's great!... and many more OSTs
Favourite songs: depends on my mood

Interests beyond music: books, especially fantasy, manga and anime, drawing, medicine
Favourite book genres/books and authors: 'The Witcher' by A. Sapkowski; T. Pratchett
Favourite films and directors: 'Finding Neverland', 'Pirates of the Caribbean', 'Spirited away', 'Edward Scissorhands'; Tim Burton; a looooot of anime...
Favourite games: 'The Witcher', 'American McGee's Alice', 'Tomb Raiders'
Favourite sentence/maxim: 'Haste makes waste... so I rarely hurry' and 'I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it'
Ichigo
Ichigo
TetraFan

Humor : depends

Back to top Go down

Post  glaurung Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:03 am

Nickname/Name: Nate Riddle

Tetrafusion
Favorite songs: The Beginning, Dark Matter, Gravity, The End

Other Bands
Favorite bands: My top seven bands are Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Rush, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Iced Earth, and Symphony X. After that I have no idea how I would rank any of it. Some of my other favorites are probably Deep Purple, Beardfish, early Black Sabbath, Frost*, Gojira, Yes, The Who, Led Zeppelin, and many others.
Favorite albums: So many great ones to choose from. My favorite album is Dream Theater's Images and Words.
Favorite songs: It changes too often to really pick some.

Favorite books: I get a massive nerdrection at anything having to do with Lord of the Rings. Another one of my favorites is World War Z.
Favorite games: Final Fantasy series, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3
glaurung
glaurung
TetraFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Marta Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:52 pm

Hey Nate!! Very Happy Nice to meet You here....welcome!!!
Marta
Marta
Admin

Humor : white and black:)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum