Tetrafusion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symphony X

5 posters

Go down

Symphony X Empty Symphony X

Post  Marta Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Really great progressive music and really good sound of very progressive vocal!!! What do You think about this band and their music? You can write it here...yeye pirat
Marta
Marta
Admin

Humor : white and black:)

Back to top Go down

Symphony X Empty Re: Symphony X

Post  Mark Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:24 am

Great band. Not my absolute favorite, but I think they pull off the classical music mixed in with progressive metal very well. At times it can be a taddd cheesy (which I don't dislike, but a lot of people say that about them). Regardless, I think Michael Romeo has the most distinct sound out of any guitarist I've listened to, by far.
Mark
Mark
Tetrafusion Member

Back to top Go down

Post  glaurung Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:54 pm

Very cool band. Russel Allen is one of my favorite vocalists. My favorite albums by them are probably Twilight in Olympus, which is seriously underrated by a lot of fans, and The Odyssey.

I can definitely see how someone could call them cheesy but I never get that vibe listening to them.
glaurung
glaurung
TetraFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ripley Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Evolution (The Grand Design) is my ringtone Cool

One of my favourite bands too. Amazing mix of progressive metal, proper power metal and classical music, virtuosity and passion (progressive music isn't always like this...), great piano (!), vocal of Russell... Epic! farao
People think they're cheesy? Shocked

'A legend forever' \m/!

Last edited by Ripley on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ripley
Ripley
Admin

Humor : progpower 8)

http://myspace.com/ripleykr

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:17 pm

glaurung wrote:Very cool band. Russel Allen is one of my favorite vocalists. My favorite albums by them are probably Twilight in Olympus, which is seriously underrated by a lot of fans, and The Odyssey.

I can definitely see how someone could call them cheesy but I never get that vibe listening to them.

I agree. Like I said, I don't think their cheesy, but I can indeed see how a lot of people think that.

Regardless, their still one of my favorite bands.
Mark
Mark
Tetrafusion Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Val Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:44 am

Same here, one of my personal favourites. Twilight and Divine Wings are most certainly the best two albums they ever released imho. They always kinda put out the same record, but it always kicks ass so what the hell ? Last one was damn good too.

Saw them live twice, first opening for Dream Theater, then headlining (Dreamscape and Circus Maximus opened – a nice evening). Each time I was blown away by Russel. The guy OWNS the stage like no one else ! The energy and passion he puts into his performance are just mindblowing.
Val
Val
TetraFan

http://www.musicwaves.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  glaurung Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:37 pm

Val wrote:Same here, one of my personal favourites. Twilight and Divine Wings are most certainly the best two albums they ever released imho. They always kinda put out the same record, but it always kicks ass so what the hell ? Last one was damn good too.

I disagree for the most part. SX have their own signature sound that is on all of their albums, yes. But I think most (if not all) of their albums have a pretty individual sound to them. Paradise Lost is the really metal one with lots of balls, V is the really progressive one, The Odyssey is the perfect mix of the two (and the 'epic' one). I guess their earlier albums you could argue have that repetitive feel. But You are right, their all good so who really cares. Except Their self titled, I don't really like that one.
glaurung
glaurung
TetraFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Val Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:34 am

Sorry dude but it's nonsense to me. I don't see Twilight being less progressive than Divine Wings, or Divine Wings being less epic than The Odyssey, or V... They're all just equally ballsy, proggy and epic imho. It's the SX blend, it never really evolved ; the production did, obviously, as did Russel's voice, but as far songwriting goes... And once again I'm not dissing or anything, I really love this band.
Val
Val
TetraFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Val Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:14 am

New album is on its way Wink
Val
Val
TetraFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:41 am

Val wrote:New album is on its way Wink

bounce
Mark
Mark
Tetrafusion Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Val Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:55 am

To be more specific, this was posted on Dec 28 th :

Hoping for a Spring release date.

SYMPHONY X - "The Riffs Are Written"

I wish everyone a Happy New Year ! The writing of the new CD is progressing well. Riffs are written and all the ideas are there, we're just trying different arrangements right now. We talked about how we're back to the usual routine of trying to find new ways to say the same old 'the band is writing the CD'...
Every day is different, we're just doing our thing and trying to make the tunes cool. You put something together one day and then come back the next day and listen to it; sometimes it's cool, and sometimes it sucks and you have to change things around. We're still hoping to be done with the CD by spring.

MJR
Val
Val
TetraFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ripley Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Eh, why so mysteriously dudes? Anyone heard what will the new album be about?
Ripley
Ripley
Admin

Humor : progpower 8)

http://myspace.com/ripleykr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum